As a new blogger, I’m so honored to be tagged to do this Behind the Blogger post! This tag was created by Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx and I was tagged by Paper Procrastinators. Thank you so much for including me!!
• Thank the person who nominated you
• Answer all the questions down below
• Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
• Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging and why have you kept blogging?
I originally started blogging in 2017. At that time, I was living in a small town where I was isolated from any sort of community. I loved blogging because it was a way for me to connect to other people with similar interests.
While I gave up blogging in the fall of that year because the rest of my life became overwhelming (read: I was depressed), I decided to come back this year when I realized just how much I missed the community. I love having a place to share my thoughts about books, mental health, and writing.
2. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Discussion posts are by far my favorite overall category, but recently I’ve realized how much I love writing about, well, my writing life. Writing can feel like such an isolating pursuit, but sharing my thoughts on my process has shown me that I’m not alone in my weird writing quirks and experiences.
3. What are your top 3 favorite blog posts?
4. What are some of your favorite things to do to relax?
I love a good cozy yoga, the kind that’s literally just meant for self-care. I’m also a huge fan of bubble baths.
5. What are 3 of your favorite things?
This is really hard to answer, so I’m going to list three of my favorite beverages:
cortados (more or less a 4-oz latte); iced citrus mint green tea; Angry Orchard cider
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
I’m always really proud of myself when I take the plunge and reach out to a blogger I admire. I tend to be pretty anxious when it comes to interacting with people, but blogging has shown me that so often when you say nice things to someone, they appreciate it, and they may even discover your blog right back.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Obviously: reading and writing. I’ve also recently taken up bullet journaling, and while my spreads aren’t as “artistic” as I’d like, it’s a hobby that I’m really glad I’m attempting.
8. Describe your personality in 3 words.
Stubborn, [com]passionate, curious.
9. What are your top 3 pet peeves?
People who don’t know how to drive properly and yet insist on thrusting themselves in my way; customers who want me to Google things for them; strangers who try to give me life advice because I “still work in a bookstore”
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I have scoliosis: my back is curved in two places. It was never bad enough for a brace or surgery, thankfully, but it does pain me to varying extents depending on the day.
I TAG YOU: